As the weather turns cooler, we start thinking about soup! We'll make three easy soups with warming and flavorful anti-inflammatory spices and vegetables. All three soups can be made in bigger batches to be frozen for those inevitably busy weeks. Recipes will include: Butternut Squash and Ginger Bisque (vegan), Turkey Chili with Avocado Crema (vegan option), Roasted Garlic and Cashew Cream of Mushroom Soup (vegan).
To sign up online, click here or call 410-997-5191.
Cost: Classes are just $60 for dinner, cooking demonstration, recipe packet, and education by a licensed nutritionist. Please come hungry. Become a "Frequent Diner" and enjoy every 4th class on us!
Ask about our "Healthy in 2018" special for new participants only (limited time offer)
If you are a patient of a participating practitioner, your insurance may cover up to one class per month with applicable co-pays. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early if you are using insurance to help cover the cost of the class.
There is a $35 fee for no shows, or cancellations made within 24 hours of the class.
What to expect in any class in the Anti-Inflammatory Diet series:
- How to use anti inflammatory herbs and spices in everyday foods
- Where to procure recommended herbs and spices
- How to increase the color and variety of the foods on your plate
- How to use anti-inflammatory oils and fats to replace bad fats
- How to make bigger batches of food to be reheated or re-purposed throughout the week, thus cutting down on eating out
- Tips on how to increase the beneficial anti-inflammatory nutrients in your store bought foods
- Tastings of at least three demonstrated recipes
- Recommendations on how to pair the demonstrated recipes with other anti-inflammatory components of a balanced diet